Here are 10 tips to help you get the most out of your cooling tower:
- Thoroughly check the condition of your units. Check for the presence of unfamiliar noises. Doings so routinely will give you a record of the behavior of your units so you have a better idea of when to schedule maintenance and repairs without minimal interruption to its everyday use.
- Make sure you follow protocol when it comes to beginning work on your unit. Make sure all lock out procedures are accurately followed and motors etc are disconnected. This is a safety measure and should be followed without exception.
- Clean all debris that may be near or in your cooling tower system to keep build ups from happening.
- Check the water distribution system to make sure the fill coil area is properly moisturized. If it is not uniformly moist, check nozzles for damage or clogging.
- Make sure debris and dirt in the cold water basin is washed through the tower drain. This is important because it allows for water filtration to remain effective and to keep dirt from starting to collect.
- Make sure the make-up water supply is at the appropriate level.
- Prevent solids from accumulating by making sure the bleed rate is adjusted to be in line with the quality of your water and the local evaporation rate regulations.
- Make sure the tension level of the belt is proper.
- The quality of the systems oil, its oil level, as well as the alignment of the shaft for the gear drive system of your tower.
- Make sure the bearings of the fan shafts are well lubricated at least every three months. You can even install automatic systems to grease your bearings.
These tips should help you maintain optimal operation of your cooling tower. Stay on top of your tower and it’s components by consistently monitoring their condition and performance.